In-person visitation is available at all DOC facilities. Some visiting rules have changed, so please be sure to read this entire page and
check out the updated Visiting Rules page, as well as the
Visitor Guide before scheduling an in-person visit with an incarcerated loved one. This page also contains instructions on how to schedule a no-cost video visit. Video visitation is available to incarcerated individuals regardless of vaccination status.
All in-person visits must be scheduled online at least three days in advance.
Schedule a visit.
You will see available timeslots, based on your loved one’s specific housing assignment, when you log in.
Each inmate is permitted four in-person visits per month, one of which may be on a weekend; in-person visits are guaranteed to be at least one hour long.
Four visitors are permitted with an inmate at a time. (Exception: At Quehanna Boot Camp, two visitors are permitted at a time.)
All visitors must clear all security procedures and comply with all visiting room rules.
Notice on Cancellations: Visits may be canceled for a number of reasons. You will be notified by email if a cancellation occurs. Please check the email associated with your account the morning of your scheduled visit.
- At the time of arrival and departure, the visitor may exchange a brief hug and kiss with their incarcerated loved one. There shall be no excessive displays of affection.
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, additional rules are in place:
- All visitors must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire and temperature screening.
- Masks are available for inmates and visitors. Masking is recommended but not required.
- SCI visiting rooms will be laid out to accommodate an appropriate distance between each visiting group.
Video visitation is a free service offered to inmates and authorized visitors. All inmates are eligible to participate. Rules for video visits are generally the same as those for in-person visits at a facility. All non-legal video visits are monitored and recorded. Please review our detailed Visitor Guide prior to your visit.
- All video visits must be scheduled online at least three days in advance.
- Up to six visitors may participate in a video visit.
- Each inmate is generally permitted six video visits per month, one of which may be on a weekend. The number of visits permitted may vary based on an individual’s custody status.
- Schedule a visit.
Before your first video visit, read our guide to:
If you are an attorney, legislator or other professional visitor: