The Vermont Department of Corrections has six correctional facilities at locations throughout the state.
Interactive Google map of Vermont's Correctional Facilities
- Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility (CRCF) - South Burlington
- Marble Valley Regional Correctional Facility (MVRCF) - Rutland
- Northeast Correctional Complex (NERCF & CCWC) - St. Johnsbury
- Northern State Correctional Facility (NSCF) - Newport
- Northwest State Correctional Facility (NWSCF) - Swanton
- Southern State Correctional Facility (SSCF) - Springfield
Facility Visitation Rules
In-person visitation is suspended until further notice. Please see the COVID-19 Information Page for more information.
The Department of Corrections provides confidential attorney lines at each facility. The lines require PIN access; one PIN provides access to all facilities.
Attorneys seeking a PIN to contact clients should email Cheryl Elovirta at firstname.lastname@example.org to be granted access and should include a copy of their Bar Card in the email.
Confidential communication with your client is available via in-person visitation, video visitation, legal mail, calls to unit attorney phone lines and phone calls to attorneys on incarcerate individual phone lists. All other methods of communication, including tablet electronic messaging, are subject to monitoring by correctional facility staff.