- Type or print legibly.
- Include your name and contact information at the top left of the first page.
- If you write under a pseudonym (or wish to remain anonymous), include it under your name.
- If your submission has a title, include it at the top of the page.
- Leave a 1-inch margin all the way around your text to allow annotation on printed copy.
- Don’t use staples. Package your submission up well so that it won’t get damaged and send it off.
- Let us know your editing preferences:
- You don’t want it edited at all.
- You welcome suggestions but wish to rewrite it yourself.
- AI has permission to edit as needed for publication.
- Number your pages.
- Be sure to specify if you wish for your original to be returned (please include SASE).
- Provide the information for each work:
- Name and Address
- Title of Work
- Date of completion
- Submit only original artwork or drawings
- Please write “do not bend,” on large envelopes, or use foam boards or cardboard to protect.
- Let us know if you need the original returned to you (please include a SASE for this purpose).
We publish a rotating “Welcome” banner on the landing page of our website, and also use these banners in our
quarterly newsletter for advocates, adopters, and family members of inmates. These works of art are all provided
by inmates. Welcome banners should fit inside a regular #10 envelope (9.5” by 4 1/8”). Here are some examples:
We look forward to your submissions. As always, much peace to you,
She-EO, Adopt an Inmate
Melissa Brown #123456
PO Box 1543
Veneta, OR 97487
Pseudonym: Scout Finch
Anonymous: A Prisoner in Oregon
Submission Type: LFP
Title: A Day in Her Shoes
Begin writing your story, poem, or book review here.