Thank you for your interest in submitting art or writing to Adopt an Inmate.
- Type or print legibly.
- Include your name and contact information at the top left of the first page.
- If you write under a pseudonym (or wish to remain anonymous), include it under your name.
- If your submission has a title, include it at the top of the page.
- Leave a 1-inch margin all the way around your text to allow annotation on printed copy.
- Don’t use staples. Package your submission well so that it won’t get damaged and send it off.
- Number your pages.
- Be sure to specify if you wish for your original to be returned (please include SASE).
- Provide the information for each work:
- Name and Address
- Title of Work
- Date of completion
- Submit only original artwork or drawings
- Please write “do not bend,” on large envelopes, or use foam boards or cardboard to protect.
- Let us know if you need the original returned to you (include a SASE for this purpose if you’re able).
We publish “Welcome” art on the landing page of our website, and in our newsletter for advocates, adopters, and family members of inmates. These works of art are all provided by inmates. Welcome banners should fit inside a regular #10 envelope (9.5” by 4 1/8”). Here are some examples:
Mail submissions to:
Adopt an Inmate
PO Box 1543
Veneta, OR 97487